Applications are now being accepted for the Interfaces of Global Change Program. To be considered for a 2015-2016 fellowship (one year tuition and stipend), your complete application must be received by March 1, 2015. However, general applications for admission for Fall 2015 will be considered until August 1, 2015.
1. Interested students should contact one of our IGC core faculty members, or any other Virginia Tech faculty member, about joining their research program.
2. Once you have identified a faculty mentor, complete the normal application process to the Virginia Tech Graduate School. In the online application, choose the faculty mentor’s home department under the “Programs” option.
3. Applicants should then submit the following materials to Gloria Schoenholtz, IGC Program Coordinator (email@example.com):
a. A CV that includes your GPA and GRE scores (and TOEFL scores for international applicants).
b. Contact information for three letters of reference.
c. A 1-page cover letter that addresses these questions:
- With what faculty member(s) will you be working and what will be your home department?
- What kind of interdisciplinary research will you be doing that relates to the Interfaces of Global Change program?
- How will the Interfaces of Global Change IGEP benefit your career plans?
- Do you need to be considered for one of our 1-year fellowships*?
d. A brief letter of support from the prospective Ph.D. mentor(s) explaining:
- How will the applicant’s training benefit from the IGC IGEP?
- Provide an explicit funding plan that describes how stipend, tuition, and research expenses will be covered over the course of the applicant’s tenure at Virginia Tech.
- If Departmental support is part of the funding plan (e.g., a GTA), appropriate written verification should be provided (e.g., a signature of support from the department head).
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Are you a prospective graduate student who is also the parent of young children? The Virginia Tech Graduate School operates a cooperative play group and childcare services. For more information about this service, click here to download a pdf file or visit their website.